I would love to hear from you.
Contact me here:
Mr. Anderson provides advice to companies, entrepreneurs, private equity firms, business owners and management who are forming or restructuring a business entity, raising money through equity or debt, adding key employees, or selling off or a part of the business. Clients trust him to provide practical, timely alternatives to accomplish their objectives. Legal issues arise in the life of a business and Mr. Anderson is on the client’s team to respond and advise.
One area of expertise is the sale or purchase of all or part of the assets of a business, mergers, stock sales and infusion of equity. Mr. Anderson’s experience, approach, and creativity have made the deal possible, while providing protection for his client. His perspective as a Texas CPA allows him to understand the needs of the business owner in achieving financial objectives.
He has negotiated and drafted complex shareholders agreements, partnership agreements, limited liability company agreements, and buy-sell agreements to set forth the relationship of business owners. To retain key employees, he has provided advice and drafted agreements for stock options, restricted ownership interests, phantom equity, equity incentive plans, employment agreements, non-compete agreements and bonus plans of all types.
If the relationships or contracts fail or are breached, Mr. Anderson represents his client in negotiations and in court to enforce the rights of the client. It can be vital for a business to have a trusted advisor on the team with experience, expertise and the ability to solve problems.
Mr. Anderson’s objective is to earn that “trust advisor” role with each client.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATES
- J.D., with distinction, University of Nebraska Law School
- B.S. in Business Administration, University of Nebraska
- Texas Certified Public Accountant (1990)
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING
- Agreements Effective Post-Closing: Indemnification and Non-Competes—Dallas Chapter of Attorneys/ CPAs (Speech, May 2016)
- Due Diligence (Speech, June 2014)
- Business Law Basics—Dallas Family Bar Association (Speech, November 2014)
- Employment Agreements: Non-compete and Nondisclosure Provisions
- Steps in the Sale of Your Business
A Primer: Employers’ Issues Under The Immigration And Nationality Act, Texans 2007 Nonsubscriber Conference, R. Scott Anderson, April 2007
- State Bar of Texas
- Nebraska State Bar
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Texas Society of CPAs
- Dallas Society of CPAs